Since 1966, the Bay City Housing Commission (BCHC) has served as one of the area’s largest and most respected affordable housing providers to area families, seniors and persons with disabilities.
Our properties consist of mid and high-rise senior/disabled multifamily buildings, and 1 to 5 bedroom family homes located throughout the Bay City’s historic neighborhoods. Our properties are managed and maintained by an experienced and dedicated professional staff with the intent on serving the best interests of Bay City residents.
To meet the needs of our customers for affordable housing, we partner with the City of Bay City, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) and private sector financial institutions.
Click here to view our properties and see more details about living in one of our communities.
Call one of our leasing agents today to assist you with determining eligibility!
for all our properties:
- Your rent is based on adjusted gross income of all household members. Some property monthly rates are also adjusted for family size;
- There are no asset limitations required for admission;
- A Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent will be charged and payable upon move-in;
- A minimum of a one year lease term;
- New applications require a 30 to 90 days for processing, depending on availability of verification documentation;
- Family homes have a waiting list that is prioritized by date of application, employment status, residency, displaced by federally declared disaster, etc.