Since 1966, the Bay City Housing Commission (BCHC) has served as one of the largest and most respected affordable housing providers to area families, seniors and persons with disabilities.
Our affordable housing is grouped in three portfolios:
- Mid and high-rise senior/disabled multifamily buildings with single bedroom apartments.
- Neighborhood Family properties include one to five bedroom homes and duplex properties located throughout the Bay City’s historic neighborhoods.
- Conventional Portfolio at Market Rents.
Our properties are managed and maintained by an experienced and dedicated professional staff with the intent on serving the best interests of Bay City residents.
Seniors and Persons with Disabilities: Applications now being taken for one bedroom apartments.
Applications are available on the Resident Applications link on this website or at the high-rise buildings. For the Neighborhood Housing Program, stop by our Administration Office at 315 14th Street and pick up your application today.
Click here to view our properties and see more details about living in one of our communities then call our leasing specialists today to assist you with determining your eligibility!
Some basic facts about our housing programs with rental assistance:
- Your rent is based on adjusted gross income of all household members. Some property monthly rates are also adjusted for family size;
- There are no asset limitations required for admission; We check prior rental and criminal history, credit reports are not required;
- A Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent will be charged and payable upon move-in;
- One year lease term;
- New applications require a 30 to 90 days for processing, depending on availability of verification documentation;
- Family homes have a waiting list that is prioritized by date of application, employment status, residency, displaced by federally declared disaster, etc.